Skip to main content

Hi,

So far the help section and videos have been inforamative, I am trying make make 1 Template with 3 documents with several fields that repeat. I thought that if I saved a custom field and used it throughut the document that they would populate the same information (like "Phone Number" from a text field) throughout the documents. That would be 1 of the reasons why i want to use docusign. Is this true or am I imuting the fields wrong (must the "shared" box be checked)?yhank you 

Welcome to the Community, 

If the custom fields have the same labels, then they should repeat. Sice you are using the same custom field they should have the  same Labels.

So it sounce like you may need to make surethe Data Population Scope on your account is set to "Envelope"

If you are using multiple documents or templates, you should be aware of the Data Population Scope setting for your account.

• If the account setting is Envelope ,  fields with the same "Data Label" will populate with the same data when a recipient enters or modifies information in the field for all documents  in the envelope.
  • If the account setting is Document , only fields with the same " Data Label" and in the same document  will populate with the same data when a recipient enters or modifies information in the field.

This setting can be changed in (https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-user-guide-switch-to-the-classic-docusign-experience) Classic DocuSign  >> Preferences >> Features >>   Data Population Scope:     Envelope    

Happy DocuSigning