Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow through powerautomate with the following steps:

1. Create an envelope from a template with anchor tabs
  2. Add documents to an envelope
  3. Add recipient to an envelope
  4. Add tabs for a recipient on an envelope
  5. Send envelope for signing
  6. Checking the correct info is provided in the anchor tabs

I am struggling with getting the flow through step number 4 where it fails with the following error message:

The specified Anchor Tab string was not found in the document. Anchor Tab String "\n\" not found.

When looking at your support pages https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gqy1619537336307&topicId=pip1666553156353.html&_LANG=enus

You state that it should work when adding the tab to the template document looking something along the line as \n\.

I have added the \n\ tab also to the document custom fields in our DocuSign account, however the selection of options differs from what we can select in powerautomate. For example when we want to add a tab for name, in the document custom fields the selection is either First name, Last Name or Full name.

What would be the correct option to use?

Also another issue, we have a radio buttons in our document, however when looking in the Powerautomate options there is only checkbox - 

what would be the option to choose here?

Thank you for your advise!

Michaela

Hello @MichaelaH ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Can you provide screenshots of the setup you are using when getting the error?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello Nathaly,

thanks for coming back to me!

The workflow looks like this:

The workflow works until here:

there I get the error:The specified Anchor Tab string was not found in the document. Anchor Tab String "\n\" not found.

I also have it like this in the document that is to be sent:

In other tutorials I found you can input any term, however instead of using \x\, they are using /x/.
Which one would be correct to use?

Let me know in case I can supply anything else to get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks

Misha

Hello @MichaelaH ,

Thank you for reaching back.

The wording used in anchor tags that show in the articles are suggestive, but regardless of what you use, both wordings have to be the same in the custom field and the document. Can you try using \n1\? If that doesn’t work, can you try setting it up as the other anchor tags you have? (/n1/)

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!