Skip to main content

Hi to all, hope you are well.

Can anyone advise. as a DocuSign administrator - i’ve been asked if we have access to envelopes of closed accounts after eg an employee has left our organisation?

Is this possible. I have had them share their envelopes with three or four other staff members, however do i have to leave the account open for them to view or can they still view even when I close the account.

Thanks in advance.

Sacha

Hello, @SachaR 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

When an user is CLOSED then the shared envelopes are not seen anymore by the shared users.

However, the envelopes still there tied to the closed user.

I can mention, at least, two approaches that you can take:

1. The best approach in cases like that is TRANSFER the custody from the closed user envelopes to other user. Even with the user deactivated (closed) the envelopes still there to be transferred.

2. Activate again the user. In this case, the user will receive an email notification to active again the account, after the activation is completed then the shared user wil see again the envelopes, but this option involves to send an email to the closed user and I think is something that you don’t want to do, although be an approach.

In summary, based in your scenario I’d suggest the number 1 approach.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Thank you for the detail Alexandra, its very helpful - can you advise. where you would transfer the custody - would this be an admin or would the user do this and how?

Thanks again.

An Admin user must do that

@SachaR I will note that this was a change by DocuSign when closing an account removed access through Shared envelopes.  I do not agree with the change as it is difficult to re-activate a closed user who no longer is with the organization. What I have done in response to this change is create a new Permission Profile and set that permission profile with no permissions and called it Archived User. Then when an employee leaves and no longer requires DocuSign I assign that Archived Permission Profile so I can still get access to the envelopes in case I need to investigate or move or take another action that would be rather difficult if the User was closed.

Hi @SachaR,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.