Skip to main content

I am newish to DocuSign.  I thought that it was supposed to keep tight version control, but I see that a client of ours can download our document and upload it with edits.  When we open it at our end we do not see the redlines.  I thought that when I last used it sometime last year, that our client would have to open it and edit it in DocuSign. Is the uploading/downloading a new feature/bug?  It’s not working for us.

Hi @Valanda !
Just to help you correctly, I’d just like to double-check which DocuSign product we are talking about, whether it’s eSignature or CLM.

• In eSignature, once you send an envelope for signatures, it’s not possible to modify the original content for compliance reasons, so much so that DocuSign automatically modify the file into a .PDF.
  • However, if we’re talking about the CLM product, this scenario is totally different, as there are features in CLM that you can submit for External Review (i.e. someone outside of your account/organization to review and modify), and once this document is modified, you can enable the Compare Documents feature to check the changes.

Hi @Valanda,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.