Skip to main content

I’m working on a template which I want to prefill -  a basic Purchase Requisition form that I send out for approval almost every day.  The previous excel version of the form normally multiplies the quantity times the price per unit and fills in the extended cost for each line item which I enter. 

I can find a values calculation option for the signer, and I can find a “prefill” tool for me as the sender, but I can’t seem to find anything that would let me PREFILL the Extended Value before sending it on to the signer.

Do I just have to manually do the calculations or can I do a “calculated pre-fill field” to automatically do the calculation once I enter values cost per unit and qty when I’m prefilling the form?

Hi @Mfoord-ROM,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to prefill your extended value field, and I will share the steps to set this up.

The best course of action would be creating a Formula Field for each line item total and one for the extended value field. By setting up a formula that multiplies the quatity per price and adds up the totals, you will be able to prefill the fields included in the formula and get the total that you are looking for.

For detailed steps on how to set up a Formula Field, see:

Calculated Fields

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Mfoord-ROM,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!