Skip to main content

Example: 12345 entered into a field would convert to 12,345. Ideally it would do currency and adjust to $12,345

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Have you tried this expression /(?<=\\d)(?=(\\d\\d\\d)+\\b)/g

For reference https://regex101.com/library/P5wLbl?filterFlavors=java&orderBy=RELEVANCE&search=

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you Christopher.

That did not work. I am trying to get the field to automatically convert the number value to add a comma. I am entering 12345 and it doesn't change anything when I do that with the REGEX code applied. I do not want the field to simply "error out", I'd like it to make that change automatically.

Thinking this isn't possible...?

Hello,

Thank you for the information, are you using the DocuSign Web app or are you using an integration?

Best regards,

I am using the Web app. Still no luck. Doesn't seem possible.

Hello,

Our product developers created a new Number field that will be independent of the text field to be used to apply number formatting easily (global currency symbols, negative style, comma/decimal separators, min/max). It can also be utilized in formula fields for calculations.

It's being deployed from March 13 through 20, 2023.

Are you able to see it?

Best regards,

Hey Christopher.

Yes I see it in my DEMO environment and it's exactly what I need for this! Thank you so much.

Hello,

Our product developers created a new Number field that will be independent of the text field to be used to apply number formatting easily (global currency symbols, negative style, comma/decimal separators, min/max). It can also be utilized in formula fields for calculations.

It's being deployed from March 13 through 20, 2023.

Are you able to see it?

Best regards,

Hello,

I had tried the Number field option as well for a template and it worked for the comma and decimal separator however we are using DocuSign Retrieve to pull in the data and that particular field comes in blank on the index .csv file.  Is there a setting that would make that work somehow 

Thank You

Norman

how to implement it using Docsign api ?