Skip to main content
Can someone confirm if the Decline to Sign option can be hidden under the Other Actions menu?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The only option would be to edit the Signing Resource file, https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/docusign-signing-resource-file-v2-0 you will need to search for DocuSign_DeclineAllow.

This option for using resource files for account branding is not normally enabled for an account. 

Contact your Account Executive to enable this option. Important: Using resource files for account branding is an advanced option. This option should only be used by someone experienced in working with XML and HTML files. 

This information guide does not provide specific information about modifying XML and HTML information. 

For more information on branding your account and editing your default account messages, contact your DocuSign Account Executive. 

Important: Resource files are subject to change without notice. If you customize the Signing Resource file, please review the Signing Resource file with each new DocuSign release

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

How about requiring a comment when the signer declines to sign?

Hello,

By default providing a reason to decline is part of the process, please see https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=yca1573855023892&topicId=fqo1573855017663.html&_LANG=enus.

Best regards,

The link is not loading for some reason. Can we make the reason required?

Hello,

Are you able to open this guide Decline to sign?

Best regards,

I am able to open this guide but it still did not say if we can require the comment when someone declines to sign the document. I tried this function in a testing environment and it lets me proceed to decline without having to add a reason. We would like the comment to be required so that we can track on the Workday side on who declined to sign the document. Can you advise?

I answered my own question - I updated the signing setting to "Require a reason when a recipient declines to sign"