Skip to main content

I need to send a client a form where they will fill out their social security number, sign it and then upload it themselves. I don’t need it back and I don’t want it back due to the social security number.  They don’t have a printer so I am trying to help them electronically sign some of these documents. 

Can this be done?

Hello @alexishongamen 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

By default, an envelope always has a Sender, in this case, you.

A sent envelope will be in your Sent folder and being updated along the recipients actions so it’s not a case to return to you, but being updated until get completed.

That said, as a Sender you can view the envelope and its contents.

Something you can do is to hide text with asterisks so the only way to you as Sender to view it is downloading as a form data. If you don’t want to keep that envelope and information in your account, just delete the envelope, but remember a deleted envelope will still at the deleted folder for 14 days until get totally purged. If your customer in the future asks for a copy, you’ll not have one anymore.

Read this article: How to Hide Text
https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=cef1579827189488.html&_LANG=enus

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @alexishongamen,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!