Skip to main content

Can I receive a notification when an email couldn't be deliviered? Or could the envelope be moved to the “Action necessary” category?

Hi @manfon !

If you are a sender and send an envelope to a non-existent email address, as soon as Docusign is unable to deliver the message, an email will automatically be sent to you informing you of the error. Furthermore, the envelope will remain in your Sent Items folder, but will have a "Delivery Failure" status.

System status:

Email notification:

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues !

Thank you very much for your reply!

We weren’t able to see both of the described events with our testing environment. Also the history of the envelope didn’t and stll doesn’t show any information that the email couldn’t be delivered. After 10 minutes we corrected it by ourselves without any note of DocuSign.

Might it be that there is a difference to production? We were waiting for a couple of minutes and none of that was visible.

Any insigths about that?

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues !

Thank you very much for your reply!

We weren’t able to see both of the described events with our testing environment. Also the history of the envelope didn’t and stll doesn’t show any information that the email couldn’t be delivered. After 10 minutes we corrected it by ourselves without any note of DocuSign.

Might it be that there is a difference to production? We were waiting for a couple of minutes and none of that was visible.

Any insigths about that?

Hi @manfon !

I would recommend you to create a case with Docusign Customer Support team and provide the envelopeID. They will be able to provide you with more information about the sender’s email service replies.

What is important to highlight is that these non-existent, full or denied email messages only appear on the platform when Docusign receives a response from the customer's email service. In other words, if we try to deliver a package to the customer's email service and it doesn't respond with an error message, Docusign will understand that "everything went fine".

During your tests, if you are using internal emails, have you checked whether the responses from the email server were sent back to Docusign?

Hi Vincius,

I got you! Thank you.

As it was an internal test I made a test with our email server and received the error message (from outlook).

But, in the envelope there was an error in the domain. Testing it manually, I also don’t receive an error log here.

I suppose there is no way to receive an error message in this case at all?

Hi Vincius,

I got you! Thank you.

As it was an internal test I made a test with our email server and received the error message (from outlook).

But, in the envelope there was an error in the domain. Testing it manually, I also don’t receive an error log here.

I suppose there is no way to receive an error message in this case at all?

Hi @manfon , thank you for your reply!

If the email server replied with an error message for Docusign, you should have received the communications. I suggest you do a test using a non-existent domain or a non-existent email from a public service (@gmail / @outlook). This way, you can simulate and check whether you are receiving messages or not.

I also suggest you to open a ticket with the Customer Support team and share each EnvelopeID, so they can look for all the response logs received and share them with you.

Let me know if I can assist you!