Skip to main content
Can a signer add on an additional signer and still stay a required signer?

Yes, the workflow of course is the important piece but there are two options for having someone add/update recipients to the envelopes workflow. The two options are "Specify Recipients" and "Update Recipients". Basically, they both allow additional signers to be added/updated as well as adding private message, viewing the document, etc. In your scenario, you could do this multiple ways. Set User A as a signer and also as the next person in the flow to add additional recipients/signers. Or set User A as just the person who specifies/updates recipients and they add whomever is required to sign, adding themselves if needed.

Now if you are asking if User A is set as a Signer (but not set as Specify or Update recipients) the only option is to "Assign to Someone Else" which basically removes them as a Signer and puts them in a Carbon Copy role instead.

Here is how these Recipient types breakdown...https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-recipients

Hello - I have just signed up to use DocuSign for my business - I have added myself but I want to add two other colleagues in our business - I want them to be able to sign any documents (probably more than myself as they will be transacting more); how do I add another user? I want ideally for all three of us to have access but I don’t mind if there can be only one signer / signatory from our company. How do three of us still have access to the site but only one signs the documents?

I still don’t understand how to find “add user”. Where in the dashboard do I find that option please?