Skip to main content

I need to send out a notice to 5,000 alums - they don’t necessarily have to sign, but II need a record that they reviewed the doc for our annual meeting.

I tried using bulk send, but exceeded the envelope limit, even though bulk send allows up to 1,000 recipients.

How would I accomplish this task?

@raymondt

Split the single large CSV file into several CSV files with a maximum of 1.000 rows. So the header row and up to 999 rows for individual recipients, so you need to repeat this step 5-6 times for those 5.000 recipients and allow a few minutes between triggering the next batch.

You could choose the “Needs to View” recipient type to accomplish this, which can also be used to set reminders when they have not opened the documents by the system automatically. It will be easy to report on who has actually viewed, as the envelope will only be completed once they clicked on their link.

@Michael.Rave - thank you - does anyone need to sign? and does that make it only one envelope?

@raymondt

No, the recipients with the role “Needs to View” cannot sign, as their action is only to open the envelopes.

No, this would result in one envelope per recipient using Bulk Send. The CSV file is to load the recipients easily into Docusign eSignature, but each row will result in a single envelope.

You could add up to 100 recipients into a single envelope, all of them in parallel and therefore reduce the number of envelopes needed. However, you will not easily be able to report on who and how many recipients have viewed the document until all of them have opened it. If the envelope expired, because a single recipient did not open the link, all other up to 99 recipients that were part of that envelope are also voided.

Hello @raymondt ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!