Skip to main content

Is it possible to setup Automatic Reminders tailored to particular recipients? We are managing Supplier Agreement requiring signatures from various recipients, including the C-suite.

If recipients from the vendor side are delaying their signatures, we wanted to configure daily automatic reminders specifically for them. However, I prefer not to send these reminders to the C-suite. I've noticed that automatic reminders can only be configured at the envelope level. Are there any alternative approaches to address this requirement?

Hello, @neethujkp 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

A suggestion:

1. Create a Signing Order in your envelope
  2. Add the C-suite in the end of the signing order, I mean, after all other signers have signed the document
  3. So they will only receive a notification when it’s their turn to sign.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre

@neethujkp

Reminders can only be set at an envelope level and will apply to all recipients. You cannot define a different reminder schedule on a recipient level in DocuSign eSignature, e.g. 1 day for external recipients (#1) and no reminders for internal recipient, like the C-Suite (#2).

As it was already mentioned correctly above the reminders will only go out the current recipient(s) that currently need to sign or have a different action assigned.

Right now the only option would be not to set up automated reminders on the envelope level, but trigger daily reminders manually or via the API for envelopes that are currently waiting for the external signature from a vendor.

This would be a few API calls to

1. get the envelope list
  2. determine if the current signer is internal or external
  3. trigger the email reminder in case it is currently is waiting for external signature.

Hello @neethujkp ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!