Skip to main content

When sending a document for signature, is the Auto Responded: Correct to fix email address errors message based solely on mail server response? Which errors will prompt that message?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The error "Auto Responded: Correct to fix email address errors" may be triggered by several different factors, but in any instance, it indicates that DocuSign is unable to deliver the message to the recipient's server. Find below a list of the most common causes that could trigger this error:

• The email/inbox does not exist or there is a typo.
  • The recipient's server is blocking emails coming from DocuSign's servers. It could be due to a firewall or other device/software designed to reduce cyberattacks.
  • The recipient's inbox is full or ran out of storage space.

If you are getting this error with one particular recipient, I would first recommend you to carefully verify if there isn't a typo on it and if possible, email them and see if your emails make it through. If you are able to successfully email them from outside of DocuSign, then the reason behind this delivery failure may be the second option from the list above.

If your recipient's server is blocking emails coming from DocuSign, they may need to reach out to their IT, help desk, or service provider for assistance whitelisting DocuSign as elaborated in the following support article:

https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/Why-aren-t-my-signers-receiving-DocuSign-Notification-emails#:~:text=Email%20was%20Blocked,(such%20as%20MS%20Outlook).

Keep in mind that if you want to know the exact reason behind this delivery failure, you can file a support case and provide the envelope ID so our experts can check the server response and provide you with accurate feedback.

You can always submit a support case to have one of our experts assist you by clicking the link below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport

If you are not able to open the case on this page, you should scroll down to 'More Support Options' and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option to fill out a form or calling Support.

Best regards,

Franklin H. | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thank you Franklin. My question is about the process in general and not a specific request we had a problem with.