Skip to main content

I’m trying to route a simple .PDF for signature and comment.

I have selected the option in ‘Advanced Options’ Recipients can edit documents.

When trying to send the envelope, I receive the following error. 

This envelope cannot be sent because it was already digitally signed, and is not in a valid state to resend.

The envelope is new, the PDF has no digital signatures, simple text. I want to have the ability for approvers to markup the document, but can’t get it to send.  What is the solution.

Hello, @scottk 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Have you tried to add a Word document in the envelope (it will be converted to .PDF)? Only to remove the .PDF file as a possible issue. 

Also, the recipient who will Edit the document has a DocuSign account?

Check this out: How do I let a signer make changes to a document?

Test it and let us to know.

Thanks!

Alexandre

I have tried to upload a .docx as well as a .pdf, no change, error still present.

My account allows me to enable the advanced option for Recipients can edit documents.

Where does it note a docusign account is required by all recipients for this function to work?

I’ve tried to route the envelope to myself (I have an account) as well as others with and without accounts, the error is still present.

Hello, @scottk 

Nope, your recipient does not need to have an account to edit a document, it was only to check.

Can you send a screenshot when the error shows up?

Thank you

Message is the same with as well using a single page .docx 

Hey, @scottk 

I’d try this before opening a Support Case.

Use another browser perhaps Chrome, FireFox, open an incognito window, clear cookies and cash.

Login to your account then try to do it again, if the same error persists so you should open a Support case.

Instructions about opening a case:

To get more information you’ll need to create a case with DocuSign Support, please see How do I open a case in the DocuSign Support Center? for more information. 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can find below the available phone numbers to contact Customer Support:

• Please see the following announcement regarding important changes to
    Docusign Live Inbound Phone Support:
    https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Upcoming-Changes-to-Live-Inbound-
    Phone-Support?language=en_US

The case is needed because private information will be reviewed and that cannot be disclosed in this public forum

I hope that helps to solve your issue, this feature Edit works well so I supposed it’s something with your account.

All the best,

Alexandre

Hi @scottk,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.