Skip to main content

Hi, I am trying to add an email address in my document and would like it to act as a hyperlink to email, is this function available? 

I know how to add a hyperlink to a site in the document, and added an email address the same way using #HREF, but this does not work for email. Should I be using something different to indicate email? 

Thank you

Hello @cmc073,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

To confirm, was this How do I create a hyperlink in a Docusign document? the guide that you followed?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher, 

Yes that is the guide I followed, the process worked for hyperlinks to websites, but not for email addresses. 

Regards

cmc073

Hello @cmc073,

Is the link showing as clickable or not during the signing session and the completed document?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher,

The links are clickable and are showing as clickable in the completed document, the problem is that they are going to a website instead of the email address entered, for example if the email address was cmc073@docusign.com.au, then it is going to the Docusign website. So it is picking up the company name in the email address and going to that site instead of the entered email address. 

I assumed this is because I am using #HREF, but cannot find any reference to using an alternative for an email address. 

Regards, 

cmc073

Hello @cmc073,

Can you provide a screenshot of the field configuration? I recommend hiding any sensitive information if needed.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher, 

See below, I also tried changing the Field Type to Email Field but this then inserts my own email address, which I do not want, I want the accounts email address as below - 

Also, I notice that - 

Clicking the hyperlinks while signing the document, website hyperlinks work, email hyperlinks do not.

Clicking hyperlinks from downloaded document, website hyperlinks do not work, email hyperlinks do. 

Thank you

cmc073