Skip to main content

Hi, 

maybe someone knows how to handle this error. 

When adding a custom field (or more try to) it states: “This Account lacks sufficient permissions to use custom tab.”

I´ve tried to add it undr “My Preferences” and i have an admin account and i´m within the administration group, so i should have sufficient right to do so. 

Is there any global setting that prevents me from setting up an custom field? 

All the best and thanks for your help! 

Hello @Swen ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error, I understand you are looking to add custom fields. Would this be Envelope Custom Fields or Document Custom Fields?

If they are Envelope Custom Fields, please note that this is included with certain plans only, like Business Pro and above: eSignature plans & pricing

For more information about the feature, please view the following link: Custom Fields for Envelopes

If you’re the Docusign Admin of a corporate plan and have questions about enabling a feature or if it’s available, please reach out to your Docusign Account Executive/Manager. S/he will be able to provide guidance, information and pricing. 

However, If you are a Docusign Web customer and are the DocuSign Administrator on the account (no assigned Account Executive/Manager), there are a couple of ways you can go. If the feature is available on a different web plan (for example, if you currently have a Standard or Personal subscription/plan, and you see a feature that’s available on a Business Pro web plan), you can go through the process of upgrading the account yourself. However, if you realize that the feature is not available on any web plan/subscription (or, aren’t sure), you should reach out to our Sales org at https://www.docusign.com/contact-sales or 1-877-720-2040. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Swen ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!