Skip to main content

I need to add a date field to a template but it isn’t the date signed. I only see two “number” fields, number and currency. Help! 

Thanks!

@Lorraine Add a Text field and then set a Validation on that Text field of Date. You can also pick the Date Format.

Worked like a charm, David. Thank you!

@Lorraine Glad I was able to assist.

@David.Schmitz Does this require you to manually edit the Date field every time you send the template? I’m trying to get a Date field created that will display Date Sent, but I’m not seeing how this would auto populate anywhere. I’ve been scouring all of these posts and I’m not seeing anything mentioning how this is supposed to function.

Thanks

@egraham A “text” field even when set to a Date validation is merely setting specific parameters for the Recipient at time of data entry into that field.  In your case if you have a Text field with Date validation set to a specific Recipient, you could prefill that field for the Recipient (field could be set to Read-only) or allow them to fill out the field but this could be set to a date that is not truly the Date Sent. You could also set yourself as a Recipient in the workflow and fill out the Date field prior to it going to other Recipients.  

I think the best option if you are the Sender and you do not want to be part of the envelope workflow, is to add a Text field with Date validation assigned to the specific Recipient and read-only. Then when you are in the process of creating/sending the envelope you go to the DocuSign fields/tag screen and pre-fill that field for the Recipient and because it is read-only the Recipient cannot change the Date. (You could prefill and not have it read-only allowing the Recipient to change the Date if needed).

Thanks @David.Schmitz that makes sense. I appreciate the information.

Please advise if there is already a date included when the recipient signs the document.

@Kellyee521 The “Date Signed” field must be added in tandem with the Signature Block if you want an automated application of a date/time stamp when the document in the envelope is signed.  The “Date Signed” field must be added onto the document prior to sending the envelope.

Hi @Lorraine,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!