Skip to main content

Account no longer storing docs sent to me and will not allow me to sign my own created documents without using email link.

Hi @Ginskee !
Based on what you said, in addition to your common use account, I believe you should have activated your recipient account as well - leaving you with two active accounts for the same email address! I highly recommend that you contact the support team so they can evaluate and act if necessary.

To contact the DocuSign Customer Supoprt team, please access: https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport?language=en_US

The thing is, it’s been working fine for years. Suddenly last month it just stopped. So I haven’t made any account changes or done anything differently.

The thing is, it’s been working fine for years. Suddenly last month it just stopped. So I haven’t made any account changes or done anything differently.

Hi Ginskee!
I'm sorry you're facing this situation. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools to troubleshoot and determine what really happened in your case. Based on my experiences, I think the issue was caused by a second account with the same email address.  If this is the issue, after your authorization, the support team will be able to close this additional account and you will be able to access the envelopes again as before.

Please let me know if you need help opening a ticket with the technical support team!

Solution:

• Select your profile image to display the account settings menu, and select My Preferences.
  • In General Settings, in the Your Default eSignature Account section, select Set as default.

Recently, DocuSign had an update wherein users with multiple accounts can set a Default Account  so that envelopes sent to their email will be routed to the Default Account. The users affected with this change are the users with multiple accounts wherein envelopes sent to their email are routed to the oldest account established. Usually free accounts are created even before you had a corporate account wherein you signed an envelope before and the sender of that envelope has a setting that allows recipients to create a DocuSign account. 

I received that info above after creating a case with DocuSign IT.  I didn’t realize I had two accounts either but this fix did work.

Hi @Ginskee !

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem, and thank you for sharing the solution here in the community. If I can help you with anything else, I'm available!