Skip to main content

So apparently it's not possible to send a test template to my own email to check if everything looks good. Which is quite sad.

But anyway, I want to be sure that the placeholder for the recipients name works.

If my message looks like this, will the email start with the recipients name ?

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 17.31.13

I'm not sure if I understand the concept of the placeholders correctly..

Thanks!

I send test envelopes to myself all the time in both my Sandbox and Production DocuSign environments. Can you expand upon what issue you are having?

Regarding the Templates, there are options to add what is called Merge codes to either the Email Subject or Email Body. For the email subject here is an article that outlines the options as they are limited to Recipient Name and Email...

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-template-merge-fields

For the email body, I use the following two values...but do not have an article to reference...

[[Data:RecipientName]]

[[Data:SenderName]]

Hi ,

excellent, thanks a lot for this!

Well I didn't see any option to 'test send' the finished template to myself.. unless I do an actual send, which counts towards my 5 send monthly limit.

I even called with the support and got told it's not possible.. and they didn't offer any alternative either.

Can you point me to an article on how I would send these test envelopes to myself ?

Thank you.

There is no specific option to do a "test" envelope. Basically, you either need to use one of your 5 per month, send from a Sandbox environment, or perhaps look at opening a free trial and seeing if you can export from your existing DocuSign Account and import to the free trial.

ok. How would I access the Sandbox ?

Couldn't figure that out.

Sandboxes, if you were allocated one by DocuSign or signed up for one previously, can be accessed via the following URL link:

demo.docusign.net

If you find you do not have a Sandbox, I suggest signing up for a Developer Free trial account here under a different email address (create a Gmail or Yahoo address)...

https://developers.docusign.com/

perfect, now everything works. Thank you for help David.

Glad to be of assistance.

Ok, I signed up for sandbox account... how do I transfer my document that I already created in my live account over to this one so I can test it?

You can transfer templates, not envelopes. You should be able to Download the desired template from the production account and upload it to the sandbox.

In the production account go to the Templates tab, click the actions button dropdown on the desired template and choose Download. It will actually be a .zip file containing the .json. If you instead click on the template row to go to the details page and download from there it will be a .json file.

In the sandbox go to the Templates tab, click New and choose Upload. It will prompt you to upload the .zip or .json file and the template will now be in the new account.

If you really want to copy an envelope, you'll have to first "Save as Template" then follow the above steps.