Skip to main content

​Our call center will be sending out more documents using the Knowledge Based ID check to verify members before accessing their personal information on a document. I have seen that the number of questions cannot be controlled unless working with support. However, I sent a few test documents to the same user that went through the verification process and they saw the same questions by the 3rd document. Is there a way to add more verification questions? We are trying to determine how many chances we will give a member if they fail the ID check obefore making them come in physically to sign. If they are seeing the same questions over again, that is a red flag for us. What happens to the document if a member does fail the ID check? Thanks

Here is a DocuSign article on Recipient Authentication which indicates three unsuccessful attempts result in losing access to the envelope unless "Resend" is used by the Sender.

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-recipient-authentication

In regards to the number or type of KBA questions that appear, this would be something you would need to address with DocuSign and their KBA provider LexisNexis as to the questions presented. I would recommend a DocuSign Support case.