Skip to main content

Hello

I have a fixed format contract that is always filled up with the clients' info on site.

We collect the clients' info on a separate app that downloads it to an excel spreadsheet.

When the admin department gets this info and collects the payment they will use docusing platform to pull up a template (which has the contract and all fields needed) and will start filling up the template manually with the info on the spreadsheet. After that, the envelope is sent for the clients and other parties to sign.

My question is about filling up the template fields with the data (clients' info) that we already have on a spreadsheet, instead of having someone doing it manually directly on the template.

We are very new to docusign, and haven't found info about this on the knowledge base.

Thanks and regards

Raul

Bulk Send has the option to use a CSV file to take data from the CSV and populate document fields in the envelopes. Here iare a few DocuSign articles that will get you started..

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-multiple-recipient-bulk-send

"Recipient Fields" is the applicable section but it is all very useful to understand Bulk Send.

This works perfectly!! thanks.

Hi,

If you were able to figure this out, would you mind sharing?

Hello, yes, I used the bulk Send option shared by David Schmitz.

The CVS for the bulk send will have the format needed, just instead of sending a bulk I just send one envelope.

It works perfectly.

regards

Raul

Hi,

I will have to look at the Bulk Send in more detail. Anyway, I am not "importing a bulk list"?

Thanks,

Bernard

Hi,

In a nutshell I have no idea what I'm doing. Any more suggestions? Can you show me what your template/custom fields and CSV look like?

Thanks,

Bernard

​ I would recommend starting small with a text that you send to yourself and perhaps another email address that belongs to you that you could sign up for at Yahoo or Gmail. The first part is to create a basic Template, just start with a single Recipient, lets say the Role is called Signer. Add a Signature field and one Text box. Add a short specific Data Label, lets says Phone. Save the Template. Now create the CSV file with a header row containing three columns and another two rows with the User data. The first row is the Header and columns are as follows:

Row 1, Column 1 - "Signer::Name"

Row 1, Column 2: - Signer::Email"

Row 1, Column 3 - "Signer::Phone"

Row 2 and Row 3 you actually place User data under the corresponding Header, so for Row 2, Column 1, add a Name like "John Smith" etc.

Save the CSV file somewhere. Go back to DocuSign and select Use next to your new Template , then select "Import a Bulk List" (Sometimes you need to select Advanced Edit first). Then you choose your CSV file and it should show you any errors or allow for editing. You accept and Send. This should send out one envelope per Row (with the exception of the header).

If it works properly you have the basics and can expand that to a more complex Template.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Hi,

I went through your process, the only difference is that this time I actually sent the document. For my others I never sent it because I did not see the data before I sent it - therefore my frustrations. Doing it your way I sent it then I saw the data. I'm not sure I like doing it this way since I am not 100% sure the data will populate correctly or the fact that I can't correct errors before hand. I guess what I will need to do is to look closely at the csv file before uploading it - actually that is probably better then scrolling through all the documents.

Thanks again!

Bernard

The bulk send benefit is that you are able to send 500 envelopes very quickly but yes there are going to be upside and downside. Upside is you don't go through creating 500 individuals envelopes, the downside could be errors with the CSV or data population. The CSV data information would be a key aspect of getting the envelopes correct so that process would take validation. But you can correct errors before you send, you can either update the values when uploading the CSV is you notice a text error or cancel and edit the CSV and then upload again.