Skip to main content
Solved

If I recently signed a Docusign pdf containing a real estate listing agreement and after signing began to question the effectiveness of the realtor and intentionally avoided the finish option is the signature legally binding

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I was told by Docusign support that my signing was invalid but an Arizona attorney is telling me otherwise

If you did not click on the Finish button then your signing is not complete. You can re-open the document, click on your signature and select Clear from the dropdown and your signature will be removed. If you decide that you don't want to sign the document at all, then you can click on Other Actions in the top right corner and select Decline to Sign to void the entire transaction completely (this cannot be undone).

Thank you for your answer. The problem I have is that the sender appears to have voided the envelope after extracting a copy (with the in progress watermark on it) and had his agent sign it. Then presented it to me as a binding document. In instances like this will Docusign notify all parties that the envelope as well as its contents are completely voided?

DocuSign does not provide legal advice, but if you didn't click on Finish then the copy of the document they downloaded would not have your signature on it. Further, if the sender voided the envelope, then DocuSign will consider that to be a voided transaction.

The sender sent me an email saying he pulled the document with the signature on it but that I had neglected to choose the finish option. The audit trail does NOT say completed and I’m not able to generate a certificate of completion. I am seeing the document in the upper right corner with a much darker and larger VOID watermark