Skip to main content
Solved

How to stop emails of purged documents. Our Email settings do not have a check mark next to receive purged doc's. We are getting about 200 sent on 3 seperate days and now our customers are getting them. How do I stop this.

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

How to stop emails of purged documents. Our Email settings do not have a check mark next to receive purged doc's. We are getting about 200 sent on 3 seperate days and now our customers are getting them. How do I stop this.

In DocuSign the Admin can set the default notifications for new DocuSign Users. If the defaults were not set properly to start then each User can alter the notifications they determine to receive in their My Preferences > Notifications. However, you cannot control DocuSign User notifications outside of your Account. If a Recipient gets a notification about a DocuSign envelope that is based on the notification settings of their DocuSign User in their DocuSign account. If no DocuSign User exists for that Recipient then I imagine they get all notifications by default.

I do not have a setting for "My Preferences" we just have settings. Those settings were already set to not receive purged doc's. We have not received these in the past it has just happened in the last 2 weeks. I need to know how to make sure My Preferences are correct.

Login to DocuSign, stay on the Home or Manage tab then select the profile pic in the upper right, there should be a My Preferences which applies to your DocuSign user only.

This policy is a problem. Account holders should have control over who gets notifications and when. I thought I should purge some old Docusigns, so I just set my Purge Policy to 2 years. Overnight I received over 2000 email notifications about the purge, and each of those purge notifications were sent out to my clients as well. It's ridiculous and embarrassing for me to have emails sent to people about something they signed years ago. Nowhere does Docusign guarantee that they are going to save and protect documents for signers. It should be the account holders decision to delete or not. Those signed documents are my responsibility not Docusigns! What a mess I have to clean up. I have a lot of confused clients and I am ticked! On top of that, I am cleaning up and want to delete old clients from contacts. Guess what, it seems a person can only click one client, then another..... and another... before deleting. Fun!