Skip to main content
Solved

How can a customer that receives a DocUsign Envelope change his signature on a guest account?

• 7 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I sent a customer an envelope and he set up the wrong signature as he signed in. He says he does not have a Docusign account. It is just a guest account. Is there somewhere in the settings, he can change the signature?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

If you do not have an account at the time of signing, you cannot change your selected signature. See Sign Documents for Free to learn about getting a DocuSign account.

If the envelope is still pending, meaning that the signer adopted the signature, but never completed the signing session, what I can suggest is that you as the sender go to your contacts (My preferences > Contacts) and delete the user, then navigate to the Manage tab and correct the envelope to remove the recipient and manually add them once more (manually type their name and email) and reassign the fields to the newly added recipient.

If they don't have an account a new recipient account should be created for them to adopt a new signature, in the event that they can't adopt the signature I suggest you have them create a Case with our Support Team, as they will be able to check if under their email an account is currently active that might be interfering.

Here are some additional resources that you might find useful:

Why can't I change my signature?

Manage Contacts

Correct Envelopes

Please let us know if you need further assistance. You can always create a case to have a Support agent work the case with you.

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator