Skip to main content
Solved

DocuSign formula question. I want to create a formula field that is a simple formula for Today + 45 days AddDays(d1,n1) AddDays (Today, 45) I basically need contract sent date +45 days

• 19 August 2021
  • 5 replies

DocuSign formula question. I want to create a formula field that is a simple formula for Today + 45 days
AddDays(d1,n1)
AddDays (Today, 45)

I basically need contract sent date +45 days

How are you filling out the "Date" field? Are you using a "Date Signed" plus 45 or is this a Text field plus Date validation that is filled out by a specific Recipient? Definitely can be accomplished just looking for additional information before providing more information.

I believe that's my problem. I don't want to use a date field. I just want the date the contract is being sent + 45 days. Literally TODAY + 45. today meaning the day the envelope is created and sent. Contract might be signed the next day or in 3 days, so, date signed wouldn't work.

I would suggest a field that is a Text field with Date Validation and is prefilled by the Sender prior to sending. You can even hide that field and make it read only and white on white background for a specific Recipient, making the field invisible to the Recipient but still used in the Formula to calculate the Date + 45. There has to be a field in order for the Formula to be created as I do not believe the Formula options by default include "today" within the scope of this DocuSign article on Formulas....

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-calculated-fields

Right, Thank you for the support. It is very odd that a simple function like 'today' wouldn't have been worked into their formula field capabilities. Thank you for the recommendation above!

Agreed, its probably an easy win but there are a few minor items DocuSign misses like a Text validation for "Phone". I see it asked for all the time but they leave it up to a custom Regex instead of adding it to the application. Perhaps DocuSign doesnt want to get into the weeds when it comes to Date Style or Phone numbers that require international codes etc....