Skip to main content
Solved

A user already has a general DocuSign account for signing documents, but not one aligned with our organization.I recently set him up with an account through our organization. Does he now have 2 DocuSign accounts? Can they be merged?

• 3 July 2019
  • 5 replies

A user already has a general DocuSign account for signing documents, but not one aligned with our organization.I recently set him up with an account for sending and signing through our organization's account. Does he now have 2 DocuSign accounts? Can they be merged?

If you created a new User under a company account, using the same email address as another account the employee already had in place, then yes they have two DocuSign Users under two DocuSign accounts and this can be a problem. The problem we experience if the email address is the same is any envelope sent to that email address gets randomly routed to one of the two accounts. Therefore the User has to check both accounts to find the envelope if they perhaps delete the email notification, so it becomes a bit of a hassle. The User can request closure of the personal account via DocuSign Support case.

I think there are variables in the merging of Accounts and again this request would require a DocuSign Support case. I have been successful only once on merging an account from a personal into a corporate account but the majority of the time I find out how many envelopes were created under the personal account and just have the User download the completed documents and close the personal account. So best option would be to create a DocuSign Support case, provide the User information and the two accounts to ask if a merge is possible.

Thank you.

David, What if a company sets up an account for a signer on their document, without checking for the same email address of a company already in docusign? I have a company email account, not a personal one, so I don't want to delete it. How do I access the completed document I signed for another company and move or copy it to my company's account files?

@Joanne S. Beckman​  The problem here is that two Accounts exist with the same email address, therefore it makes it difficult to take any action such as "Forward" because the email address that you would be forwarding the envelope to might send it right back to the same account instead of the account you want it to. I deal with this regularly and there are two solutions...

1) Close one account

2) Change the email address associated to one account.

It doesn't sound like you wish to close an account so if you changed the email address you could then "forward" the completed envelope without an issue.

Just as a sidenote, some Accounts can "claim domains" which means only one Account could utilize the email addresses for that domain and basically would not allow for multiple accounts with the same email address.

Is this answer still accurate?

Thank you!