Skip to main content

My agency would like to create an app that can interact with DocuSign independently, without needing human intervention. Specifically:

• Our ticketing system passes information from a triggering ticket to the app.
  • The app uses this information to create several documents in DocuSign using a template with multiple signers, prepopulating them with data passed from the ticketing system. It then makes a note in a database with some of the data and the newly created envelopes, one document per envelope. 
  • Periodically, by DocuSign trigger if possible otherwise by polling four times a day, the app checks the signing status of each of the documents it is tracking and make a note in the database when a signer has signed. 
  • When the related ticket is resolved, the database entry will be removed and the documents administered manually moving forward.

I can find information on how to integrate DocuSign with something having a UI, such as an admin app or a human signer looking at documents through the firm’s website, but I have not been able to find examples of a flow that has no human interactions. The app is being designed to run on a Windows platform using C# .Net Core as a web service, if that makes any difference. 

Thank you for your time. 

I’d start with the two following “How-Tos”

My main issue right now is setting up OAuth. It seems that the JWT method is the correct one, but that requires a redirect URI. This is coming from an app, so there is no website to return to. If you are familiar with the DocuSign connectors in Power Automate, I am trying replicate that, except with code written in C# and not Power Automate. The app will operate using a service account set up in DocuSign. 

If you’re using JWT, you just need a registered redirect in order to construct the login URL.  This could be an app resource that simply closes the dialog/webview when its finally hit.