Skip to main content

Hi all,

I  have some form fields that I send in the document to create an envelope in DocuSign. Once the signers have signed and I download the document via DocuSign connect, I do some post processing on the form fields. I am not receiving the form fields in the downloaded document from DocuSign, how do I get them?

@SriniK - Make sure that your DocuSign account settings are configured to include form data with the downloaded documents.

I want my form fields to remain in the downloaded document. How would I do that?

@SriniK - The form fields will always remain in the completed document.  You just want to extract the data?  You need to configure your account to be able to download the form field data.  

I do not want to extract the data. I want to fill in data in the form field, after I download it. The form field acts as a place holder to fill data.

@SriniK - There are two ways to fill in data on your form fields; either using an API or bulk send.  Not sure if I understand your question from your original request.

I have an originalDocument with 2 form fields, one for signer1 and the other for signer2 (signer2 is not going to sign through DocuSign). I create an envelope with this document using DocuSign and send it to signer1. Once signer1 signs, I download the document from DocuSign, lets call this docusignDocument. I parse the docusignDocument and automatically fill the signer2 signature in my application before storing. To fill signer2 signature I expect to see the form field for signer2, and I am not able to see it in docusignDocument.

@SriniK - Can you use the pre-filled fields then for signer2?   You will not be able to see the fields assigned to signer2 if they are not going to sign.