Skip to main content
Question

Shut off auto field detection??

• 28 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Going to tag a document for signature, docusign scans the document and finds fields and auto-tags them, there is a popup to to “undo” (see attached). We hit “undo” every time.

How do we disable this feature all together, it is annoying?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @gordrw ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with fields being automatically placed. I understand you would like to remove that.

It seems like you have AutoPlace tags set up in your account, if that is the case, you would just need to edit or delete the custom fields that have the AutoPlace in them: Add Fields Automatically with AutoPlace

Please view the following article: Delete a Custom Field

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @gordrw ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Badge

Hi- please explain how you disable fields being automatically placed for ALL documents. This is for standard, not custom settings. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Rebecca R ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

You say all your documents are having this issue, are you applying any templates?

Does your document have PDF fillable fields?

Best regards,

Badge

Thanks for your message. I am uploading PDFs of word legal documents. I am not applying templates and I am not using PDFs with fillable fields. 

I want to understand how I can change the settings so that for all documents I upload DocuSign is not autopopulating the documents with fields. I want to put in the fields manually myself and I don’t want to have to cancel DocuSign doing it first, every time (which is what is happening now). Thanks again for your help. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Rebecca R ,

Thank you for reaching back.

DocuSign does not have a feature that automatically adds fields to documents and if you are not using any templates nor PDF with fillable fields, the only other option is AutoPlace fields that are mentioned in my previous comments on this thread: Add Fields Automatically with AutoPlace

If that does not apply either, I recommend you create a support case to have that checked out: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

Best regards,