Skip to main content
Question

Resource file-want to remove email for decline.

• 27 August 2024
  • 5 replies

These are the ones that I do not want to be sent.  This is what i changed in the resource file for emails.  It didn’t work, it still sent them out.  Please assist with how to modify this to keep them from going out.

<data name="EnvelopeDeclined_PlainTextBody">
</data>
<data name="EnvelopeDeclined_Subject">
</data>
<data name="SenderEnvelopeDeclined_HtmlBody">
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</data>
<data name="SenderEnvelopeDeclined_PlainTextBody">
</data>
<data name="SenderEnvelopeDeclined_Subject">
</data>
<data name="EnvelopeDeclined_HtmlBody">
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</data>

For a more accurate understanding of your issue, it’s recommended to include a screenshot.

FreeLink
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

I included the specific txt from the resource file.

Hello @mshealy ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community.

From my understanding you don’t want your recipients to get those notifications, is that correct?

If so, please note that the sender can not manage which notifications a reci0pient can get nor a users notifications, they are the only ones that can control that on their own accounts: Control Docusign recipient email notifications

The email resource files does not remove the notifications, it just changes the wording within the email.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

yes, I agree with @mshealy , it can change the account as sender and signer, but can't change recipient's email preference.

FreeLink
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

I am using decline to sign to go back to the customer who will modify what the person who was signing asked them to change, so we don’t want them to get the email that says the below.  So, as it stands, the submitter and all signers will get an email that is duplicated when someone declines to sign.

second   

It says canceled, which isn’t a true statement because I am sending this back.  I need to be able to edit this.

Clemson University - Demo

Electronic signature rejected

An electronic signature on a document was rejected by the recipient. We've cancelled the request.

•  

newone (1).docx

View