Skip to main content
Question

login

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

In my organisation i have two dept, can a employee be there in two dept? I am not able to add a person in two dept. Its showing only old dept while loging no switch between dept.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @lakshmi ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community. 

I’m sorry to hear that you are unable to add people in both departments, I understand you need to add people in two departments but it does not show any option to switch.

Are these departments separate accounts? Or are they groups?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

One org with two groups

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @lakshmi ,

Thank you for reaching back.

You can add several users to more  than one group but that does not assign them a new account, it just means that if you have multiple brands they can access the ones that their group was assigned or have access to the templates that was assigned to the groups they are in.

If you are looking for them to have separate accounts, for example, one for HR and one for IT, you would need to create a sub-account and add them to the needed accounts: Create a New Account

Best regards,

Badge +1

@nathaly.monge I already have one for A and one for B, i am not able to add user to both A and B. I read about switch between account, but i don't see that option. How to achieve this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @lakshmi ,

Thank you for reaching back and clarifying.

As you confirmed, you already have 2 accounts for the needed departments and you have followed the steps mentioned in the following article to add them to their respective accounts: Add Users, the switch accounts feature will only show up if the user set up the same email and the same password for both accounts: Switch Accounts and Set a Default Account

Now, depending on which server the accounts are one they will see different options for the switch accounts, for example, If the accounts are on the same server they will need to login to the default account and if they click their profile picture/initials on the top right they should see a switch accounts feature. But, if the accounts are on different servers then they will see he switch accounts option when logging in and would have to log out and log back in if they want to switch accounts.

Note: The account servers can not be changed.

If they do not see the Switch accounts option and have the same email address in both accounts then it is most likely that the password is different and the admin would need to send a reset password to get them to match up.

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @lakshmi ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,