Skip to main content
Solved

I am a new user of Docusign - how include Certificate Audit Trail of signed document in the same pdf that was signed

I always get the summary report separately from the signed document - I would like to have the audit trails as a full integrated part of the signed document itself . how can I do this. I don''t see any feature (not in my preferences neither when downloading the signed document -- when downloading you have the option to combine pdf, but also this does not include the certificate audit trail

Please help me

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You would need the assistance of your account admin as the feature that controls if the Certificate can be included or not on the completed document can only be accessed by them. The admin can do this by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Signing Settings
  3. Envelope Delivery
  4. Enable "Attach certificate of completion to envelope": https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=fur1583277359739.html&_LANG=enus
  5. Save

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Nathaly,

Yes please - could you please adapt this on my account - I would like to have the signature auditrail included in the siigned document itself - as a standard.

Thanks for setting this up for me.

regards Ria

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The setting mentioned previously can only be enabled by the account admin, this person is someone within your company, if you do not know who this is, please reach out to your IT Department or your Help Desk.

Best regards,

Dear,

I don’t see in my account ‘signing settings’ -- could it be that I don’t have the rights ?

Kind regards
Ria
Another question : I would like to combine / split documents in my account – can you please let me know if my account allows this ? I don’t see the feature….

Hello,

That is correct, if you don't see those settings it is because you don't have admin rights, and you would need to contact the person that does which would be someone in your account.

When you say combine/split documents, do you mean when you go to download them?

Best regards,

Thanks Nathaly,

The following things I would like to do :

1. I have different documents (pfds) that I would like to combine into one and the same PFD before launch of signature . It could also be the other way around: so one pdf that I want to split into more separate pdfs… It should be possible with what I read on the internet (you tube) but in my account it doesn’ t seem to work unfortunately (I don’t see the features)

1. Other thing is that I would like to have the certificate with audittrail as part of the pdf I have signed, but I can only download it as a separate document

1. Is there also a possibility to change the text of the pdf via Docusign f.ex. change a word in the pdf ? Or do we need Adobe for this ?

Please let me know what to do in order to settle this

Kind regards
Ria

Hello,

To answer all of your requests:

1. Within the eSignature part of DocuSign there isn't a way to combine PDFs prior to sending, this could be accomplished with CLM or Rooms which are separate products.
  2. As mentioned, that can be enabled with the assistance of the account Admin which is someone in your company that has permission to do so, please contact your Help Desk or IT department if you do not know who they are so that you can get in contact with them as it seems like your level of permissions does not allow you to make that change.
  3. You would need a third-party integration like Adobe to be able to edit the wording in your documents.

Best regards,