Skip to main content
Solved

How to exclude members from SSO

• 21 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I am not seeing options to exclude certain users from our SSO policy or a way to remove SSO altogether. My admin console doesn't have the same tabs such as the mentioned Security tab in this document https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-exclude-specific-users-from-SSO-requirements?language=en_US&rsc_301. I am currently an admin with full access, is this different than being an org admin? If so, how do I identify who the org admins are?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

You can manage your user's SSO exemption status under Admin>Users>Select user>Security>Login Policy by selecting "Identity Provider or Username/Password.

For detailed steps and screenshots of this process, see:

How to exclude specific users from SSO requirements?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Thank you for your reply Alejandro! I linked the document you linked in your reply to my original question. The issue I am having is that I only see Profile and Shared Access when I select a user. I don't have the Security tab that the document is mentioning. I am a full admin within DocuSign, is that different than the DocuSign Administrator for the organization that is mentioned in that document?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

Just to confirm, are the users you are viewing under the Domain Users tab?

The reason behind my question is that only users that are part of your Domain Users list will have the option to manage their Login Policy.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Hi,

I don't see anything in the admin console that mentions Domain Users specifically. I just see Users under the Users and Groups section on the left-hand side of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back to us.

The "Users and Groups" section is only available at the account level, whereas, the SSO security settings are only available at the Organization level.

In order to access the Organization settings, you need to click the waffle menu at the top left corner ( in the eSignature home screen) and then pick Admin from the list.

If you are unable to view the Admin option but you know that SSO was already implemented in your company, most likely you lack the permissions necessary to access the Organization settings.

In the case that you might not be sure if SSO is already enabled for your users, your account might not have access to DocuSign Admin.

Remember that you are always welcome to create a case and have a Support Expert take a closer look at your setup. to confirm if your contract includes access to DocuSign Admin. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

As always, please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

How do I go about putting in a ticket for this at the Organization Level as I am having the same issue,  in that I'm a DocuSign Administrator for my company and I don't have the options provided in the instructions to disable SSO. Please point me in the right direction.

Hi,

Thank you for making me aware of the situation.

DocuSign Organization Admin is an add-on application to DocuSign eSignature, if you are unable to find the options mentioned in the guide mentioned in the previous comments then most likely your user or the account lacks access to it.

If your users are subject to SSO but you lack access to DocuSign Organization Admin, the best path to follow would be to locate the Organization Administrator internally, in most cases the company's IT team will have access to full administrative privileges.

In case you might not be able to locate the Organization Administrator within your company, DocuSign Support will be able to guide you through the options for regaining access to the application.

To start the process, please create a case and we will follow up as soon as possible. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Best regards, 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!