Skip to main content
Solved

How to change the header of email from Sender name to the default Company Name?

• 21 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

When I am sending the document in the notification and header of the email it is showing my name as a Sender, but I want to change it to the default company name for all envelope templates. Do you know where I can change the [[Sender Name]] to the [[Company Name]]?

It should be like this instead of my own name:

[[Company Name]] via DocuSign.

I also tried to change it in Email Resource but cannot find. Below I put some examples.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

If the notifications being sent to your recipients include your name, There are three options to fix it:

• If you are a user without admin permissions, you can opt to change your name on the platform. Your name appears on your DocuSign ID Card and is included on the email notifications sent to your recipients. 

(You can see examples of what your recipients see in The Signing Experience.)

• If you are an account Admin and your plan allows it, you can create and set a brand on your account and edit the email resource file to remove the line that includes the sender's name and email address.

Please note that we recommend any updates on the resource file are done by someone with XML and HTML knowledge.

• If your plan allows it and you have a domain claimed and an organization set up in DocuSign, you can use our Custom Email Domain (CED) feature, this allows all outbound emails to be updated to show a customized name and email address.

This allows organizations to maintain trust by sending emails from their verified email domains. 

Here are some resources that you might find useful:

Change Your Name 

Configure Brands 

Advanced Configuration for Signing Brands 

DocuSign Email Resource File Guide 

Customize DocuSign Notification Emails for Accounts with Custom Email Domains

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator