Skip to main content
Solved

Email Domain change corporate wide

• 3 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Our organization has changed it’s primary email domain. Can I use Bulk User Update to change everyone’s email domain? Will users receive a new email from DocuSign to create a new password, etc.? Will that user’s envelopes show under the new user id?

Thanks

DocuSign Admins may update email addresses for users using the bulk update procedure only if the organization has claimed the domain.  

If you know that your organization has claimed the domain in question, then you can download and populate the CSV template for updating users. The UserEmail column will remain unchanged and should contain the current user's email address. In the UpdatedUserEmail column, enter the new email address you'd like to use. After completing the import, the user's email address is updated.

If the domain has not been claimed, Admins can not change an email address for a user unless the Admin has first closed that user and then reactivated them on the new email address, which would indeed send a new activation link to the user and prompt them to create a new password. The users envelopes would still be inside after reactivation.  I might advise trying this procedure on one or a couple individual users before closing and reactivating a large number of them.

Hi @Gina.Sylvester,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!