Skip to main content
Solved

Changing account owner

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m president of a non-profit.  Up to now, we’ve been an all volunteer organization, but we’ve hired a PT Exec. Director.  This person will need to have control of our DocuSign seat.  How do I transfer from me to this new person?

Hello @Eleanor L ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are in the need to change the DocuSign admin responsibility from you to this new Director.

Sure, this can be done by adding the new director as a User with the DS Admin permission profile (DocuSign allows more than one admin on the account, actually, it is a best practice to have more than one), once they have activated their license via the email notification, if needed, they can either remove you completely or just change your permission profile to a DS Sender or a DS Viewer: Add Users to Accounts

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Eleanor L ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

It turns out that all I have to do is change the email address to our new PT ED’s email address.  Technically, that stills leaves my name as the admin I guess.  Because we only have one person on the account, what we’ll have to do when the account is about to roll over to a “new” year is cancel the old account and have the new ED open a new account.  Kinda squirrelly, but we’re not about to add more people since we only use DocuSign about nine times a year.