Skip to main content
Question

can you link a DocuSign account to a generic shared email address,

• 2 August 2024
  • 4 replies

can you link a DocuSign account to a generic shared email address, I don't seem to have access to custom email domain options on

Hello @Sayed ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community. 

I understand you are looking to link a Docusign account to a generic email.

The Custom Email Domain feature is available only for those accounts that have the Organization feature enabled (this is a extra paid feature that could be enabled on your account depending on your plan type): Customize Docusign Notification Emails for Accounts with Custom Email Domains

With that said, can you provide more information on your use case? Depending on what you need there could be several alternatives.

Either way,  a generic email address can be used to link your Docusign account, however, any notifications will be sent to that generic email address and if you need to sign document sent to your personal email, these will not be stored on the account as the personal email would have to be the one linked.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for your response and providing useful guide, I will give you more information on the use case. Requestor wants to establish a new account and wants all notifications sent to a shared email inbox. They would also prefer to add subdomain email so when the recipient receives notification it comes from the shared inbox, not sure how this set up can be achieved. as I have noticed I cannot enable custom email domain.  

Hello @Sayed ,

Thank you for reaching back

Is the requestor expecting to get any envelopes to sign themselves? Or is the account only going to be used to send envelopes?

The best way to set this up would be to have two accounts, one for the general email and another with the users normal email, the one with the normal email would be the admin and the generic a normal user, once that is set up you can create a custody rule in which envelopes can be sent from the normal user but would transfer to the generic email automatically and look like that email sent it out: Envelope Custody Transfer Rules

Generally speaking, Docusign notifications are sent out from one of our email domains, if you want it to look like it is being sent from a specific email then you would need a Custom Email Domain (CED). 

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.
Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @Sayed ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,