Skip to main content
Solved

Can I remove a user from my shared envelopes when the user account has been deleted?

• 2 November 2020
  • 5 replies

There are several users that I have listed in my shared envelopes. Some of the users in my list no longer have accounts in Docusign. How can I remove these orphaned users from my list of shared envelopes when the user account no longer exist?

Shared envelopes are between Users in the same DocuSign Account. The shared envelopes are setup by a DocuSign Admin and can only be removed by a DocuSig Admin. I would start by contacting your DocuSign Admin to request removal of the Users from sharing your envelopes and vice versa.

I am the Docusign admin but I don't see a way to remove someone from my list of Shared envelopes when the shared person no longer has an account in the system. I typically removed the sharing prior to deletion of the user record, but have a couple orphaned users listed in my shared envelopes.

Go to Settings, Users, locate your User, select Action then "Share User's Envelopes". A list of currently shared Users should appear with the option to "Remove". Also I know you can close Users, but I did not see any option to Delete a User. So you may need to re-open the User and then remove the share and then re-close the User.

Thanks for the update. I was able to unshare the envelopes by searching for the Users name for Closed users.

I had this very question today and your response helped, thank you!