Skip to main content
Solved

Can a non-Admin see that a task was reassigned to them?

• 29 December 2022
  • 5 replies

End users are reassigning tasks to each other, and as an Admin, I can look at the workflow to see that it was reassigned. But, is there a way for non-admins to see that the task was reassigned? The activity doesn't show the reassignment.

Hi,

task reassignments must follow a rule to be managed.

1. how do you assign the task in the first instance? are the resources part of a group or a task group?

There are many ways you can extract that info from the system:

1. from a task group. each taskgroup master can see task assignments on the task queue page. a taskgroup master can have any profile you want. make sure who wants to see the list is a taskmaster. more info
  2. using a report: you can create a report on a particular WF or step and share the report to the public. whoever runs the report, will be able to see the latest task assignment updates
  3. ManagedBy: make a user the "manager" of another user and it will see all the managed user tasks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. We are not having trouble seeing assignments - end users are able to see these, which are accomplished through a Choice step in the workflow (assigned to a task group and a task owner). But in some instances, the the initial task owner is manually reassigning to a new task owner, all of whom are in the same task group. Although I can look into the workflow to see that the reassignment occurred, I don't know how a non-Admin can see the reassignment. Is that possible?

if the assignment is random and not managed within the task group (non-admin can see other tasks by having View Task Group permission in the group), I am afraid this is not currently possible without looking at the step itself.

Regards,

Carlo

Thank you! I submitted an enhancement request for this functionality.

Seems to be a known issue, maybe create task groups. so everybody in group can see.