Skip to main content

Hi. We are using Docusign CLM which houses our signed contracts. These get attached to our Quotes in Salesforce, but I am looking for a way to download the CLM document as a PDF and attach it to the relevant quote. 

Ideally, I would like a way to do this in bulk, so we don’t have to go through and manually download each document. Is there a way to do this? I am aware of Docusign Retrieve, but I am not looking to store all my contracts in a folder, I would like them to be stored in SF on each individual quote. 

Thanks!

I use SFTP to mass download CLM documents

@Sabs

This is a common requirement and you are actually able to fully automate this.

The best practise here is to write back the document Id from the CLM workflow into a field in Salesforce, typically on the record that was used to trigger the document generation or CLM workflow.

Define a trigger in Salesforce that will use the document Id to make an API call to Docusign CLM, download the document and attach it to the desired object in Salesforce, e.g. Notes & Attachments.

You can use the same workflow to mass download documents from CLM to Salesforce.com by mass updating the correct Quote records with the corresponding document Id. Easiest way to get the document Ids is to set up a CLM report and hopefully you saved the Salesforce Record ID in a CLM attribute as well.