Skip to main content

I’m trying to create a workflow that is kicked off by a document completed in eSignature.  I have the eSignature Agreement Action working fine, but I’ve been unsuccessful getting the first step in the CLM workflow to work properly.  I’m trying to use the “Find Documents by Folder” step, and then updating the output variable to be “params”, but the workflow continues to fail, even after updating the schema for “params”.  Does anyone know the correct first step that I should be using to capture the completed document from eSignature?  Thank you!

Hello, @Allison L 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Have you tried to create the workflow with the Custom XML option as the type of content will kick-off this workflow? Select it and click in Create Workflow, you don’t nee to add a XML file in advance, ignore the Select file option.

If so, the Params variable will be in the XML envelope format.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Hello @Allison L

Can you send over a screenshot of how your Agreement Action rule is configured? In order to kickoff a workflow via Agreement Actions you will want to make sure you’re archiving the envelope before the workflow is initiated. Also, you will want to put in a timer trigger CLM workflow step because it might take around 30 seconds for the agreement action archive step to complete. 

Here is an example of an agreement action rule that 1) archives the envelope and 2) starts a workflow. 

Thanks Allison, hopefully this is helpful. 

Hello @Allison L 

Adding to the @Jim.Woolsey points:

Check this article:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pxt1643324456371&topicId=miw1605123125868.html&_LANG=enus

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @Jim.Woolsey 

Thanks for your reply. Below is a screenshot of my agreement action.  I’ve added the timer trigger step to my workflow, but it still failed.  I’ve included a screenshot of the failed workflow and also how I have the Find Documents by Folder step configured.  Would greatly appreciate any further advice!  

Hi @Alexandre.Augusto 

Thanks for your reply.  I have started a new custom XML workflow per your advise, but it is still failing at the “Find Document by Folder” step where my other workflow was failing as well.  I’ve updated the param’s schema, but is there something else in this step that I’m missing?  Thanks for your assistance!