Skip to main content
Is there any way of adding multiple options dropdowns into a Form?
I am trying to add them the same way I created the cascade section for the Attribute group, however I can only select 1 of the options.
Many thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

Document Generation Forms allow CLM Administrators to organize the fields users need to complete Word merge templates. 

Document Generation form can include a multiple dropdown field where you can select multiple items. Fields in a form are usually used for the following reason:

1. as a conditional rule, ie if Field Client's value is New, show a section asking for their contact details, if it's Existing, show a dropdown showing existing customers to choose from.

2. Most fields would be used to generate the document, as it is its primary purpose.

3. When the DocGen form is configured to launch a workflow when completed, the values from the fields would be stored in an XML variable that can be referenced within it. For instance, you can have an Update Document Metadata step that can grab one of these values from this XML and add it to the document as an attribute.

You can add fields to your form, each form field includes a set of properties that identify the field value and other attributes, such as whether the field is required or read-only. To add fields check the following article: Build a Document Generation Form

Document Generation forms have the option to include a DocuSign CLM Multiselect Attribute Field that you can link to a dropdown attribute.  For more information on how to Create a Dropdown Attribute check this article.

However, you cannot select multiple values for an attribute field, as it is not a multi-select dropdown like in the form.

What we allow is adding a “Repeating attribute” to the attribute group where you can keep adding values with the same attribute name: Define a repeatable attribute 

Please keep in mind that assistance regarding guidance on workflow builds would be best suited for our advanced configurations support team, I suggest you create a Support Case for them to take a look at your workflow. 

You might find the following information useful:

DocuSign CLM Document Generation | Dropdown

Dropdown Attributes & Multiselect Attribute Fields

Document Generation Forms

DocuSign CLM: Create a Document Generation Form 

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

That's perfect.

Thanks Rebeca.

Hi 

I was able to add multi-select options to my Forms thanks to your comment.

I would like the options to be displayed in different lines when added to the document. At the moment, whenever I pick more than 1 options, they all show in the same line.

Is there any way to configure this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Sam

@Community Expert