Skip to main content

Is there a way to generate a contract in the middle of a workflow?

For example: The first document kicked off through salesforce is called the deal summary sheet.. This provides the vice president enough info to give the go/no go for the contract generation.. Upon approval I currently have the contract admin generating the contract outside of spring and uploading it back into the folder within the salesforce record..

What I would like to do is after the VP has given the approval the workflow automatically creates the document based off of doc launcher information.. My idea.. to create the contract a doc launcher form is sent to the sales rep to fill out... they would specify what type of contract they would like to generate..which means the workflow would need to understand the difference between templates and grab the right template and generate the right doc launcher form with the right feilds on it to generate the contract...

I realized when writing this it sounds a little crazy.. but the concept of generating a contract based off of the doc launcher would be ideal.. If theres another way to do this I would be open to the idea. This is something new I am trying to figure out myself.

Hi, the proper method would be to use the XML Merge Document step, which takes the following configuration:

• Document Name - the name of the file to generate
  • Variable - the name of an XML variable which will supply data to your template. If you want to use the same data from the intake form, simply use the default Params variable.
  • Document - this is the template document
  • Folder - where to place the generated file, obviously

If you need to, you can change the values of the Param variable - but that's bad practice IMHO - or you can copy it over to a new variable that you edit, or you can create a brand new custom XML variable. In order to do the latter, you will need to create a sample XML file so you can upload it o define the variable schema.

When you say XML Variable do you mean the variable I have defined for the documents variables (Params)

Params XML and the XML you want to merge with I believe