Skip to main content
Question

Formula & Validation for Long Date - Ex. March 6, 2024

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Greetings! 

Is there a way to create a Text field that will automatically calculate “Today’s Date” but list it in an alpha-numeric pattern? Ex March 6, 2024. 

We want the signatory to be able to click on the date field and it generates the date without the need for them to type in the full date. 

Hi @Tiffanie !
I noticed you selected two different DocuSign products (CLM and eSignature in this post). If you’re using the DocuSign CLM, please check my suggestion below. However, if you’re using the DocuSign eSignature product, please discard my message and check @Michael.Rave comment. 😉

I don’t think it’s possible to use a Text Field for it. Would it be possible to use a Date field in your DocGen Form? If you use this field, besides setting up automatically the “use form submission date”, you can select the Date Format (including the extension date).

@Tiffanie 

In DocuSign eSignature you can create a text field and set the validation to “Date”, which will give the recipient a date picker, where the current date is highlighted. This makes it easy for the recipient to select the current date, which will be represented as configured in the validation date mask field.

I this does not support the full name (MMM), e.g. March.
Currently the following date formats are supported:

• MM/dd/yyyy
  • dd/MM/yyyy
  • yyyy/MM/dd

It is not possible to pre-fill this text field with a formula, like “Today’s Date” in DocuSign eSignature.

You can then also in workflow embed C# to convert date in a format you want.