Skip to main content
Solved

email body needs to include a link to the envelope task

How can i get a link to the envelope task in the email body so that people that are assigned to the task can go right to the task or to the document?

Hello @mshealy 

I hope you are doing great. When ever we want attach then link in the email body for associated task we use “System Link”  variable which is <%#System.Link%> and if you wanna customize link for email body appearance. use this syntax.

<a href=”<%#System.Link%>” class=”btn” >Task</a> 

What ever you write at the place of “Task” will appear the same.

Thanks! Hope this helps.

@Pawan Gangwani where can i find documentation on this?

Hello @mshealy 

I hope you are doing great. When ever we want attach then link in the email body for associated task we use “System Link”  variable which is <%#System.Link%> and if you wanna customize link for email body appearance. use this syntax.

Thanks! Hope this helps.

The “Task” showed in the email but with no link.  just text appeared in the email.

Hello @mshealy 

Thanks! Hope this helps.

The “Task” showed in the email but with no link.  just text appeared in the email.

Yes, If you click on that “Task” button will take you to the task screen, and which has link embedded. if you want the link then only use (<%#System.Link%>).

Not sure about the article or documentation. 

Where can i find documentation on this?

Oh i have mentioned above, in case you missed it. “Not sure about the article or documentation”.

But if I find it then I will share with you.

when i use <%#System.Link%> it shows the link and works.

if i use <a href=”<%#System.Link%>” class=”btn” >Task</a>, it shows task but doesn’t go anywhere when you select “Task”, in other words, no hyperlink.

Oh i have mentioned above, in case you missed it. “Not sure about the article or documentation”.

But if I find it then I will share with you.

This is what i have found… but it doesn’t show system.link
https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=yks1643320936212&topicId=aqe1623370489135.html&_LANG=enus

if i use <a href=”<%#System.Link%>” class=”btn” >Task</a>, it shows task but doesn’t go anywhere when you select “Task”, in other words, no hyperlink.

<a href="<%#System.Link%>" class="btn" >Task</a> 

This should work, are you putting this into eform or directly into the step “Task Assignment Email” ?

<a href="<%#System.Link%>" class="btn" >Task</a> 

This should work, are you putting this into eform or directly into the step “Task Assignment Email” ?

Directly into the Task Email.

Okay Understood,

Try this one: <a href="<%#System.Link%>" class="btn" >Task</a> 
and paste it on the different line like shown in SS below:

That worked.  Thank you