Skip to main content

Hello All,

We are having CLM-DocuSign Integration wherein Contracts created in CLM Software will be sent back to DocuSign for Signature. During this process we need information on following:

1. Out of the Box list of metadata required by DocuSign to work for Signature process.
  2. Is there a way to convert the language from English to Non-English when document is send for signature?

Hi @AdityaK !

Thank you for your post in our Community! Let me try to help you with it!

First, it’s important to know how your users send documents for signature. Basically, there are two different ways to do that, manually or by workflow:

Assuming you are using a workflow, let me answer your two questions:

1. There are two Steps in the Workflow that you can use to send for signature. The first is Send for Signature, a fully automatic step where you will need to provide various information, such as the document used and the flow of signatories. Please go to this article and search for "Send for Signature:", and you will find a description of each of the optional and required steps: Automated Document Management Workflow Steps in DocuSign CLM
    The other step is Review and Send for Signature. In this step, you must basically choose a person to review the entire process before sending it for signature. In other words, unlike the step above, this step requires human action to be completed. Furthermore, this step is commonly followed by the Wait for Signature step, which serves to control the flow and only allow it to progress after the envelope reaches a final status (completed, voided, canceled). Please go to this article and search for "Review and Send for Signature:", and you will find a description of each of the optional and required steps: Human Workflow Steps in DocuSign CLM

2. Yes, it’s possible, but you will need to use the "Review and Send for Signature" step, which requires a person to act before sending the document for signature. Basically, this user must select the option "Custom email and language for each recipient" and choose a message, subject and language in which each recipient will receive the envelope. See this article for more information: Set the Recipient Language and a Custom Email Message
    Just one very important information. The document itself will not be translated, just the email requesting the signature.

Please, let me know if I was able to help you with it!

Yes, adding the waiting for signature step is helpful in case customer cancels.