Skip to main content

1. This workflow is putting both signatures in the same place, signature_1. How can i get this to put the second in /s2/ in the template?

template
workflow
signature 1 in correct place
document variable in esig for signatures
second signature.. putting on top of s1

@mshealy 

I’ve seen this happen before.  Can you check the list of DocuSign Document Custom Fields on the eSign UI.   Check for duplicates with the same AutoPlace Text.   If this does not solve the issue, then delete and add a new one.   Make sure you don’t have duplicates.

This didn't work

@mshealy

Is it only happening between /s1/ and /s2/?  Are you also using /s3/ and /s4/?  Change /s2/ to another number like /s5/ in both the DocuSign esing UI and CLM documents.

it happens for all signature.  they are all going to s1 position

i have /s{r}/ in docusign esig.  are you wanting me to change it?

@mshealy

Using /s{r}/ in the AutoPlace Text is generally correct for dynamically placing signature fields based on text in the document. However, if all signatures are appearing in the same position, there might be an issue with the way the AutoPlace Text is configured or applied.

You could try to use /s1/ for the first signer, /s2/ for the second signer, and so on to see if that changes anything.

that is what i have in my document.

i ran it and it seems to be using 1 for the 1st, 2nd etc.  I am assuming that is why that is happening.  Not sure why its not incrementing.  

@JohnSantos It’s like it is resetting to 1 after each signature.

Hello @mshealy 

if you are using the Auto place tag, are you defining the signing order in the “Send for Signature” step in workflow? this issue cause because of the recipient order.

Just talked with someone at DS, finally.  They said the functionality doesn’t allow you to have multiple send for signatures if you want the signatures on the same document because it will create a new envelope for each one, so i have to define all of the signers within one send for signatures.