Question

Trouble with xpath when using repeat select

Badge +1

I am trying to display a field in a Repeat xml tag, but I keep getting a xpath exception error.

I have a template that uses the credit note object in Salesforce, and I am trying to display the unit price field on the invoice line object. I go from credit note > credit note line > credit allocations > invoice line > unit price. No matter how I construct the content select tag, I get an xpath exception error.

Any ideas on how I can get the unit price to display?

Field 1: <# <TableRow Select="/blng__CreditNote__c//blng__CreditNoteCreditLines__r" /> #>
Field 2: <# <TableRow Select=".//blng__CreditAllocations__r" /> #>
Field 3: <# <Content Select="./blng__InvoiceLine__r.blng__UnitPrice__c"/> #>

For example, this results in xpath exception error:
<# <Repeat Select="/blng__CreditNote__c//blng__CreditNoteCreditLines__r" /> #>
<# <Content Select="./blng__InvoiceLine__r.blng__UnitPrice__c"/> #>
<# <EndRepeat/> #>

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Dom Torres,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you are trying to display a field in a Repeat XML tag, but keep getting an xpath exception error.

To better assist you, could you provide the current version of the Salesforce package that you are using?

Instructions on how to view the version of Docusign for Salesforce your Salesforce organization is using can be found in the Setup of your Salesforce organization. This applies to all Docusign for Salesforce packages, including Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, Legacy Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, and Docusign for Salesforce CPQ. Docusign for Salesforce - What Version of Docusign eSignature for Salesforce Am I Using?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Badge +1

Hi Christopher,

We are using DocuSign App Launcher v6.6

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Dom Torres ,

Thank you for reaching back and for providing the Docusign Apps Launcher version, I am currently reviewing the information about your post to provide a proper resolution, as soon as I get the information verified I will update this post.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Dom Torres ,

I hope you are doing well.

This is a very tricky thing to answer via a community post. I recommend opening a Support case or getting in contact with your Docusign Account Executive if you have one, to consult the rates for a meeting with our Professional Service team.

To open a support case in the Docusign Support Center, go to the "Get Support" section and select "Open a Support Case". Log in using your Docusign credentials and select a case subject. If you have multiple Docusign accounts, choose the appropriate account to continue. Open a case in the Docusign Support Center

However, reviewing the path it does not look correct. It looks like in the Content Select, it begins with another related list (InvoiceLine__r) which should not, if you are trying to use 2 related lists, you will need a second repeat tag after the first one. One is needed for each layer of flow you are trying to create.

Also, I recommend when opening the Support case, please provide the full error message, a copy of the document with the syntax, and also a copy that Gen produces with the error.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.