Solved

Sort a Dynamic Table in DocuSign Gen

• 25 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

We have a dynamic table inside one of our agreements which pulls in the quote line items from a Salesforce Quote and displays in the rows of the table, which works great, but the rows do not populate in the same order as Salesforce. Is there a way to sort the table by the Sort Order of the quote line items in salesforce so our users do not have to do this manually after generating the agreement?

Screenshot 2022-08-25 112708

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 25 August 2022, 17:39

View Original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

You can insert Salesforce SOQL code into the TableRow fields of Gen templates created with Microsoft Word. This lets you create custom Filter and Sort rules using related list items in Gen tables. 

If the SOQL Filtering (where) and the SOQL Sorting (ORDER BY) are not working for you I suggest you create a case with our Support Team to go over your configuration. 

You might find the following information useful:

SOQL-Based Table Filtering and Sorting

Condition Expression Syntax (WHERE Clause)

Exception for SOQL Sorting Rules

Gen XML Toolbox: Learn How to Use Custom XML in Your Word-Based Gen Template

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you.  

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator