Solved

Restrict Salesforce users of Docusign to only use it through Salesforce?

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m trying to make sure our users are only sending documents for signature that we approve of. We are using the managed package for the Salesforce integration and the users in SF need to match users in DS. The problem is I don’t want these users to be able to directly log in to our DS instance and send additional envelopes.

Is there a DS permission profile that I can apply to their DS user accounts to limit their access? Would it be possible to have all documents sent for signature from SF use the same DS user account so that we can limit who can login to our DS instance? The ultimate goal is to have all our users sending documents for signature through client apps like Salesforce or other applications that call the DS API. We’re trying to keep a user from sending random envelopes from our instance using non-approved contracts. This way everyone is forced to use DS clients that have hard-coded templates they use every time.

icon

Best answer by Alexandre.Augusto 13 March 2024, 16:35

View Original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello, @Kyle.Russell 

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

What I can recommend is to set up a DocuSign Organization, configure Single Sign On (SSO), set up IP restrictions, and manage the Trusted IP ranges via the connected Identity Provider (IDP).

DocuSign Admin is a management infrastructure that empowers you to control and manage how DocuSign is used by your company. Through centralized administrative tools, you can govern the use of DocuSign in an efficient and logical way, and control with confidence how the application is deployed at your company.

You will need to take into account that depending on your current plan this feature might not be included, you can always check with your Account Team or DocuSign Customer Support, to verify if the feature is included with your current plan. Our Organization Management module is a paid feature available in certain plans only.

In the DocuSign University Portal you can find free online trainings as for example, how to configure an Org Admin, Integrate with SalesForce, Administration and much more!

This is the link to the portal, you can login using your eSignature account.

You might find the following information useful:

How do I change my Trusted IP settings in DocuSign?

DocuSign Single Sign-On Overview

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Alexandre

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Kyle.Russell,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.